Hummus is so easy to make and homemade is so much better than store bought. And not only is a hummus a great dip but it makes for a great spread for your favorite sandwiches and wraps.
1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp tahini
1 large clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tsp dried basil
- Add chick peas to a food processor along with sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt.
- Pulse for 1 minute then scrape down sides and bottom of jar and pulse one minute longer.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the liquid from chick pea can then pulse 2 – 3 minutes longer, stopping and scraping down sides and bottom of processor once halfway through (add in more liquid to thin if desired).
- Add basil and pulse until just minced into hummus.
- If desired serve topped with more olive oil, additional basil and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.