The purpose of Platteville Farmer’s Market, Inc. is to create a healthier and more vibrant community with long lasting economic and ecological benefits. We are currently looking for individuals who share in that mission, to join our board of directors. Whether you are a teacher who has a passion for education, or a small business owner who can help us grow, we are looking for you!
Board of Directors is made up of local vendor and community members who volunteer their time. The Board of Directors consists of five to seven elected members, including President, Secretary, Treasurer, Special Events Coordinator, and Nutrition Coordinator.
Who are we looking for?
- Community Members
- Food/Nutrition Experts
- Local Business Owners
- Farmers/Food Producers
What do we need from you?
- Provide continuity for the organization
- Ensure adequate resources to advance mission
- Enacting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies
- Steer the organization towards a sustainable future
- Attend quarterly board meetings
How will you be helping your community?
- Create a community gathering place for community members & business owners
- Enhance the downtown area and improve community/ local business relationships
- Encourage local food production through education
- Strengthen and stabilize local food economy and stability
- Help increase reach and sales of local farmers/producers
Interested on being a member of the board of directors?
Please send us a letter of interest via email or snail mail.