Easy, fast and delicious homemade freezer garlic bread! Have this crispy, herby and buttery bread ready to go whenever you need it!
1 16 inch loaf French bread
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
2 tbsp olive oil
6 tsp minced garlic (about 4 cloves garlic)
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature.
- Combine in a small bowl with the butter, olive oil, salt, parsley, oregano,
- Mix ingredients together until they form a fairly smooth paste.
- Cut the bread loaf into 16 one inch slices.
- Scoop ½ tbsp of butter mixture onto each slice, then spread it over the surface with a knife.
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and then place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes to allow the butter to firm up. Once firm, stack the slices two at a time and place in freezer bags. Store in the freezer for up to
To cook: Preheat the oven to 400F. Once the oven is heated, take as many slices, out of the freezer as you’d like, carefully separate the stacked slices, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. *Note: if using a different type of bread, the baking time may change.